The Mamba’s Submission Guideline:
We are looking forward to Africa themed haiku i.e. haiku about African sights and sounds.
– Haiku must contain clear images, settings and juxtaposition.
– Haiku must be concise and as brief as possible. (Though 17 syllable haiku are welcome)
– We encourage experimentation with haiku; therefore one-liners will be considered.
– We have zero tolerance for plagiarism, profanity, use of vulgar words and politically biased verses.
– We accept senryu as long as they stick to the human-nature principle.
– We encourage the use of African season words as opposed to the Japanese kigo.
– We accept haiga as long as enough copyright evidence is provided for the haiku and picture respectively.
– Please submit 10 haiku and/or 5 photo haiku or haiga at a time.
Submission window will be open: October 15th, closes January 15th for February Issue; re-opens May 15th to August 15th for September Issue respectively.
The Mamba Journal will be published twice a year: February 15th and September 15th each year.
All submissions must be sent to: email@example.com with the subject line labelled “The Mamba Submission”.
Submitters must include their full name/pen name, country and city of residence.